Lewes, DE, is a scenic seaside town with picturesque beaches, beautiful homes, and plenty of historic sites and attractions. If you own a home in Lewes, whether it’s for the summer or all-year round, you’ll want to make sure that your keeping your home and its fixtures in great shape.
Garage door issues are common for homeowners in the area, so if you notice any issues with yours, you’ll want to see out garage door repair near Lewes, DE, as soon as possible. At Precision Garage Door of Delaware, we’re here to assist you for when it’s time for repairs!
Why Garage Door Repairs are Crucial
Your garage serves numerous functions for your home. Not only does it provide storage space for seasonal items, sporting/recreation equipment, and your tools, but it provides you with access to your home. If you have enough space, you can easily pull your vehicle in and avoid the elements when you get home.
Of course, if there’s an issue with your garage door, it will reduce your ease of access with your vehicle, but it could also compromise the security of your home. If you notice an issue, you’ll want to get it taken care of right away.
Garage Door Anatomy
There are many moving parts and components that make up your garage door system. Each part works together to ensure that your door functions properly by opening and closing at your command. The best way to know what the problem is with your garage door is by knowing the parts and what they do.
- Cables: The cables ensure that your door opens and closes safely.
- Rollers: The rollers are attached to the door and connected to the track, so your door can move efficiently.
- Springs: The springs are in place to mitigate the speed of your door so it can open and close smoothly.
- Photo Eye: Each garage door track includes a photo eye which projects a beam to make sure that no one is in the way of the closing door.
Signs to Lookout for with Your Garage Door
Considering that your whole garage door system is made up of several components, one could be affected which will affect the whole system. The key is to notice any issues or signs that indicate one of the components isn’t operating at its best.
Keep an eye out for:
- Door and opener make a lot of noise when being engaged.
- The door sags when it’s opening or closing.
- The response time between the remote and opener is slow.
- Door won’t open or close.
- The garage door is misaligned with its track.
Contact the Garage Door Experts!
If you’ve noticed any of the signs and you’re in need of garage door repair in Lewes, don’t hesitate to contact us at Precision Garage Door of Delaware. Our team of experts can diagnose the issue that’s affecting your garage door and provide a long-lasting solution, so you can rest easy knowing that your door is fully functional and keeping your home secure!
At Precision Garage Door of Delaware, we’re proud to lend a helping hand to homeowners in Lewes! Schedule your repairs or inspection today!