Between all of the different style options and functional aspects to consider, finding the right garage door for your home can feel overwhelming. Luckily, Precision Garage Door’s specialists have helped hundreds of homeowners ID and install their perfect garage door.
In this post, we’ll review what we consider to be the top three things you need to know when buying a new garage door. Check it out below!
1. Why You’re Replacing Your Garage Door
The root of your style preferences in a new garage door is going to come from why you’re replacing your old door.
For instance, if you were happy with your old door, you might want the same exact steel carriage house door in Eggshell White to replace it. On the flip side, if you’re replacing your door as part of home renovations or a landscaping makeover, you’ll probably look for a style and material that’s different than the one you have. You could also be somewhere in between, and that’s okay!
Next step: Ask yourself what you like about your current door and what you wish was different to help start a purposeful brainstorm.
2. The Benefits of Insulation
At Precision Garage Door, we strongly recommend insulation to all of our Delaware and Maryland homeowners in the market for a new door. Buying an insulated garage door has multiple benefits, and in our climate, the slightly higher initial cost is definitely worth it in the long run.
Check out a few of the advantages we’re referring to:
- Reduce home energy costs: Insulation keeps your garage warmer or cooler (depending on the season) and creates a stronger barrier between your garage and the great outdoors. That means your heater and AC don’t have to work nearly as hard to keep your home a comfortable temperature.
- Quieter operation: Insulated doors feature several door layers sandwiched together, acting as a sound barrier between your garage and home. They’re also heavier, and this added weight makes them less likely to rattle on the track.
Next step: Still not sure? See more benefits that come with an insulated door.
3. A Professional to Ask for Help
Getting a professional’s help in person with planning and installation is the secret to buying a garage door that meets and exceeds your expectations.
Having a professional new door provider come out to your home for a planning consultation is often free, and going through this step will help you make sure that the door space is correctly measured and the door ideas you’ve picked out are realistic for your home.
If you need help deciding on a style or material, the door expert you chat with can recommend options that’ll suit your property the best.
Next step: If you’re a Delaware or Maryland homeowner who’s ready to find the right garage door for your home, sign up for your new door consultation with Precision today. Our certified and friendly staff will meet you at your home or business to discuss your needs and provide their professional recommendations, for free!