Freezing and scorching temperatures, various forms of precipitation, the occasional game of driveway basketball, and even damage from a car can negatively affect your garage door. Regardless of what affects it, your garage door will need to be repaired or replaced at some point, and you’ll need to decide which option is best.
Repairs are usually the most cost-effective options, but it’s also crucial to do what’s best for your home. In some cases, replacing your garage door may be your best option.
Learn more about whether you should have your door repaired or get it replaced.
When to Repair Your Garage Door
• Your garage door isn’t opening properly. While you may think that your garage door is causing the malfunctions, it’s possible that there’s a problem with the garage door opener. A technician will inspect the opener, determine what the issue is, and repair the opener so your door runs smoothly again.
• One of your garage door panels is damaged. If there are dents or other types of damage to just one part of your garage door, it’s a better, more cost-effective idea to just have that panel replaced rather than the entire door. A garage door company will contact the manufacturer to make sure that the correct type of panel is still being made and relay this information to the customer.
When to Replace Your Garage Door
• Your garage door is rusted. Rust can eat through your garage door and leave holes, allowing rain and dirt to enter the garage.
• Your garage door is old. Your door faces normal wear and tear over the years that result in serious damage. If you’ve had your garage door for many years and it’s covered in dents and scratches, it’s probably time for a new one.
• You want to enhance your home’s curb appeal. A new, sleek garage door will instantly increase the ROI on your home. So whether you’re selling your home or just looking to improve the overall appearance, a brand new garage door will drastically enhance it.
Regardless of whether you’re having your garage door repaired or replaced, it’s important that you trust a professional to do the job rather than attempting it yourself. More than 20,000 injuries occur each year when people try to repair their own garage doors when they lack the appropriate qualifications. Your garage door system has many working parts that hold a lot of power, and it can be dangerous if not handled properly.
If you’re looking for a brand new garage door, Precision Door offers many different styles and materials so you can find one that perfectly complements your home.
Precision Door of Delaware offers both garage door repairs and replacements. One of our certified technicians can help you to determine which option is best for you.
If you’re interested in repair, replacement, or exterior design services, click here to download our eBook, The Homeowner’s Guide to Garage Door Repairs.